The answers you're after
We've put together answers to the most frequently asked questions below. For any other concerns please get in touch
How do I advertise my property with ASPC?
Advertising your property with ASPC is only available through a firm of solicitors. Please contact your solicitor who will be able to help you. For a list of all solicitor firms that are members of ASPC including their contact details please click here.
Why join myASPC?
As a myASPC member, you can:
- Create personalised searches and receive notifications every time a matching property comes on.
- Save your favourite properties and share them with your friends and family.
- Receive real time updates to properties you’re interested in.
- View Home Reports
To create an account, simply go to myASPC.
How do I re-open/re-instate an account?
If there has been no sign of activity on your account for more than 3 months, your account will be suspended and you will no longer receive notifications of new properties on the market or updates on any properties you may be watching in your wishlist.
Home Reports - What are they?
From December 1, 2008, homes for sale have had to be marketed with a Home Report. This is a pack consisting of three documents: a Single Survey, an Energy Report and a Property Questionnaire.
- Single Survey – this contains an assessment by a surveyor of the condition of the home, a valuation and an accessibility audit for people with particular needs. By highlighting any major problems to the seller at an early stage, it provides an opportunity to address them early in the process
- Energy Report– this contains an assessment by a surveyor of the energy efficiency of the home and its environmental impact. It also recommends ways to improve its energy efficiency
- Property Questionnaire – this is completed by the seller of the home. It contains additional information about the home such as Council Tax banding, details of any alterations
To see the full details Click Here